Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Waiting in Logan Airport

*Note: Links to flight tracking information below.

So I really did stay up ALL night last night, packing and preparing for the trip to İstanbul. I rode into WPI this morning as a passenger and actually fell asleep at one point mid-sentence. At which point I kept talking only about something completely different, and then woke up forgetting what the original subject was. Throughout the morning I fought off the exhaustion in order to visit more people to whom I wanted to say goodbye. In between I napped about 2 hours total in 30 minute spurts.
Right now I'm at the airport in Boston and I couldn't feel better. In fact I have not eaten more than a bagel today and yet it hardly fazes me at this point. Probably I just jinxed myself and will start feeling super hungry soon.

My flight plan is as follows:

Leg 1: Boston to Chicago O'Hare nominally, depart at 19:15 arrive 20:55 (local times)

Leg 2: Chicago to İstanbul nominally, depart at 22:20, arrive at 17:05 (local time, following day)

The links lead to respective flight tracking information. In case I can't get online again, I'll say that I'll be in İstanbul tomorrow in the late morning (for those of you on the east coast). I'll try to send immediate word of my successful arrival.

I like having a laptop and I like free WiFi. The time is passing nicely. Though I am starting to get hungry. Might go do something about that soon. Really I can't wait to be eating the food on my Tukish Airlines flight. Oh god, someone with really strong smelling old-person perfume just walked by and I'm gagging.

2 comments:

Liz C said...

Hope you land safely :) I look forward to reading about your adventures!

John Rissmiller said...

Have fun in turkey I'llmake sure your mom sees it