Friday, April 2, 2010

Visiting People!

Right now I am in the DC area visiting with family.
After a short but excellent visit with Pete Pete in Philadelphia, I drove a few hours in the hot sun to DC. I stopped at the healthy food store where cousin Lucy works. She looked great, as you can see in the picture. I congratulated her on her pregnancy and gave her a big hug. Then I bought a vegan BLT (which I didn't know existed until today), a soy yogurt (not as good as normal plain yogurt), and a cream soda (hadn't had one of those in years and years). We ate lunch together outside and talked about our lives. Lucy had to get back to work a little later, so we parted with plans to meet on the morrow.

I went the rest of the way to my aunt Penny's house where waiting were Danny, Pen, and Grandma. We casually chatted, ate homemade sausage pizza wraps, and then had a mini birthday party for Grandma. The evening was all cozy and nice.

My visit here was long overdue. I mean I was here just last fall, but that time I had brought a friend and it just wasn't the same. I think I was too worried about introductions, saying the right thing, keeping it entertaining, and making a plan that worked best for everyone. This time, I can just be me and more thoroughly enjoy the company of those I don't see often enough.

3 comments:

PRBurk said...

always be you....

Lucy and Cameron said...

Good luck! Iove this blog thing, what a great idea for all of us back home! :) Have fun for both of us!!!

Unknown said...

I look forward to your continuing adventures ...

Jim Dempsey