Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh Beşiktaş

Thursday was spent looking at apartments almost all day. Kuthan was busy and so my friend Pınar stepped in to be my sidekick. We met up in Kabataş which where the boat from the Asian side took me. First we had breakfast in a sunny café. I was so relaxed. Part of me didn't want to leave and go hiking around in search of a place to live.Pınar and I spent most of the day in Beşiktaş, hopping from one place to another. I had a few flashbacks from previous visits to İstanbul, but other than Beşiktaş being where I first got out of the car from the airport on my first visit and crossed the street to meet a friend, I hadn't spent much time there at all. I really liked the area. I took lots of pictures and videos of the apartments. The weather couldn't have been better.Today, I will go look at more apartments in the early part of the afternoon. However today is a holiday here, National Children's Day, and I have plans in the late afternoon and evening to go out with some friends. We're going to go for dinner in Bebek. I feel like I could use a holiday, as the pile of things I need to take care of has only grown in magnitude since I arrived. Truth is the pile was always this high, but I'm just beginning to see it now. For tonight, I'll forget about the pile for a couple of hours. Though it will be a busy weekend overall.

No comments: