Friday, March 26, 2010

İstanbul, for a change

As some of those close to me already know by now, I'll be moving to İstanbul in early April. I want to give finding work there a try and I want to give teaching English a try. I will try these things while living with a good friend probably in the Kadıköy part of the city. We will go apartment hunting starting in about two weeks.

Of course I am thrilled about this new change and I feel strongly that it is what I want to do right now. It seems like the best time of my life to try new things. I am a little nervous and a lot hopeful and excited.Probably the biggest downside to all of this is that I will be leaving most of the people I know behind on this side of the Pond. That having been said, I encourage any and all of you to at least keep in touch, and if you can, to come visit. As you'd expect, you will be able to follow my happenings from here, my personal blog.

These final 10 days or so are going to be pretty crazy. I am fairly busy sorting, packing, preparing, and visiting family. It is 80% losing-sleep exciting and 20% losing-sleep stressful. So I am a bit sleepy, but that's ok.Anyway, let me know what you think. And definitely let me know if you want to come visit.

1 comment:

Ilan said...

Wooow! That's really asım, although I'm disappointed I'm not among the people close to you who already knew about it. I'm happy to hear that, and I know it will be an amazing experience for you. But I have to say I feel bad for all the Turkish people who will try to learn English from you, unless you stop laughing out loud when your students make mistakes ;)
I wish you all the best and I hope to be able to visit you at some point.