Monday, August 16, 2010

Radio show, night run and farewell to Hytham

Friday night, I connected via Skype with twitter friend and fellow Turkish football fan, Ata Dizdar, to be a co-host on his podcast, Turkish Football Weekly. The show was mainly a preview of the Turkish Süper Lig as well as an account of the national team game that I went to (described in the previous post). You can listen to the show here.I was at my good friend Batuhan's house, because it was a quiet place to make the recording. After recording for a couple hours (which was totally fun by the way; I absolutely loved the experience), Batu and I spontaneously decided to go for a run. The time was about 11:30pm and so the air was not too hot. We ran ~10 kilometers round trip between Bostancı and Caddebostan. There is a bike path that runs along the sea. I found an excellent panoramic photo of the place we ran, from the photographer Yığıthan Doğan (click to make it bigger).
We were both really tired after that, but we agreed that we felt much better.

Saturday night the 14th of August 2010 was a night of celebration for Hytham. He lived with me for about 2 weeks, and he was a very enjoyable roommate to have. Through him I met a lot of new people and we all got together the other night for him. I brought my friend Gülşah with me. She's the one from Kartal, mentioned in the previous post. I speak more Turkish around her than with anyone, because she gets really annoyed with me when I try speaking English to her. She was happy that nearly all of the people we were meeting up with were Turkish.Anyway, we were in Taksim which is always nice but also really crowded. We were a diverse crowd ourselves. I was the only person there who knew everyone else, and the six women in the picture below knew on average only two of the others before that night.
From left to right: Aslı, Aylin, me!, Neslihan, Hytham, Pınar, Melek, Gülşah.

It was a late night, but I awoke early to see Hytham off. It was sad to see him go, but I'm sure I'll see him again sometime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brotherrr !!! just wanted to stop by and remember those nice few days i spent in your hospitality. It was all fun interjected with some more fun, miss those smoothies maaan only trying to come up with my own flavors nowadays, not soo much though but working on it !! anyway im glad to see your still living the adventure and really psyched to hear you became a teacher for little kids, can't tell you how much this job suits you bro, these kids are lucky to have you. So ill wrap this up by hoping to see you again, and that would be as soon as i "hopefully" find myself back into the land of Turks.
kolay gelsin kardasim,
Hytham