Friday, August 27, 2010

Night Out With Burcu in Taksim

After making a trip to Beşiktaş, I got a call from Burcu who happened to be in Taksim (which is close-by). We decided to hang out and so we went to the Tünel part of Taksim for a glass of wine. Later on, we went to a place close to Meydan for a beer. We sat on a balcony overlooking the other cafes. We took turns making observations about different tables. One had a guy with two women his age. We tried to guess what his relationship was to them. Another table had two really bored looking guys. Burcu deduced correctly that they ran the place, which is why they weren't drinking and were bored. It was a fun game to play. After the beer, we went back to Tünel to a really kickass club called Cuba. The music was excellent, people were dancing salsa, and Spanish was floating in the air all night. Burcu and I shared a table outside with some friendly Spaniards and an Aussie. We joked around a bunch and had a great time. The guys invited me to play football with them during the week, and I hope to take them up on the offer sometime soon.

Throughout the night Burcu and I talked a lot about guys' and girls' expectations in a relationship and how those differ across cultures. We talked about what we look for in other people in terms of their character. It got me thinking a lot about my past relationships, mistakes and my present social life. After Burcu left, I chewed on these thoughts while also chewing on the handful of deliciousness that is a burger from Kızılkayalar. Seriously, the definition of restraint is eating only one of those things.
All in all I can say that the night was great. I wasn't planning on making it a late night, but it quickly became one. I'm happy it's the weekend, and I'm glad it started well.

No comments: