Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A new roommate and some changes

I have a new roommate for a couple weeks. He is Hytham (on the right in the photo), and he is from Saudi Arabia. In addition to teaching me Arabic and Arabian cooking, he hangs out with me some during my days in Kadıköy. However, the picture is from when we were hanging out with friends in Taksim. It has been nice having some company in the apartment. I have really been fixing the place up more since he moved in. I got some new furniture from an American who was leaving (ironically moving to Saudi Arabia). Before Hytham, I never had people come over because my place was a bit empty and not a fun place to hang out. But now it is really becoming cool. In fact, on his last day we are planning to throw a party. So far the party plans include: Arabian foods, mangal (that means 'barbeque'), lots of beer, and lots of friends.

These are fun things to think about, but I have a million other things on my mind. I'm trying to establish some goals for myself and build a healthier and fuller routine. I've had trouble keeping in touch with everyone. I have been getting so caught up in my life here, that I have also been forgetting to write about it here. Forgive me these faults. I'll have some more interesting things to say soon.

No comments: