Thursday, June 24, 2010

Where I've been and where I'm going

The map below shows red dots at where I live and where Bozcaada is. Pictures from that adventure below in the last post. As a result of that trip, I added the Çanakkale city-region to the map under "Where I've Been in Turkey" on the right. It is shown in a darker blue in the map below.This next map shows the trip to the East that Özlem and I are taking. To many Turkish people (and non-Turks for that matter), the east part of Turkey is not an ideal vacation spot. However, I, like some of my friends, consider the east part of Turkey to be a wonderful place to go. Özlem is one such friend and we have been talking about a trip to the East since we met. After not-much-planning (I prefer it that way), we decided to go to Diyarbakır and Mardın and other places. On the map, Purple is İstanbul, green is Diyarbakır and Mardın, darkish yellow represents the other cities we might visit on the trip (haven't decided yet), and light yellow are the cities which are sort of in the realm of not-unlikely-possibility.
The trip will last several days, and I doubt I will be online much if at all during that time. This is actually one of things that makes the trip fun. However, you can be sure I will take lots of pictures and tell you all about it upon my return.

No comments: