Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bozcaada

I spent the weekend in Bozcaada with friends. What can I say about Bozcaada? It is beautiful, quaint, historical, and windy. There are beaches, streets lined with small shops and cafes, white square houses with brightly painted trim and small, flower-filled balconies.

What can I say about my friends? They all rock. I was invited on this trip by Mahir, a friend of Gökhan I met during the Beşiktaş excursion and again at various gatherings. There were other familiar faces on the 7-hour bus/ferry ride. Özlem, Hasan, Erman, Dilek, to name a few. I met many others. We spent time at the beach, visited a fortress, a museum, a wind farm, and a few fish restaurants during our stay.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch, it hurts to look at these while sitting around the office. Nice photography too, btw.

Unknown said...

I forgot to give credit to Erman and Hasan, who took most of these photos. Always nice to have photographer friends who don't mind lugging around a SLR and then giving you all the photos later :)

Cassie said...

Great pictures.. :) I can feel the life and the beauty of those pictures, and for sure, you've enjoyed your stay too!

bozcaada