Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The wonderful things that happened in İstanbul 1

I arrived in İstanbul on the morning of the 3rd of August and took a bus to Pınar's place. I was comforted by being in a familiar place, however one thing was quite different. It was really warm! The weather in Turkey now is vacation weather and so everyone from northern Europe is on vacation here. Anyway, a picture of the underside of one of the bridges that connect İstanbul:I spent a lot of time with Pınar in the first couple of days...
We went swimming. It was really enjoyble, of course. It was just us at the pool that day.
On Friday came the big day: the wedding of Kahraman and Merve
Many people I knew were there, including Bürin
I took a picture of the Moon rising over the first bridge. This is a typical view from Ortaköy.
So with that, many congratultions to Merve and Kahraman on their wedding. I am very glad that I got to be at their wedding. It was an incredibly beautiful event and a unique experience for me.