Sunday, August 16, 2009

Turkey, Chapter 2

As you must realize by now, it is quite difficult to keep these posts up, but i assure you i will fill in the gaps eventually.
I do not have a lot of time right now, but I will try to quickly catch you up. I went to Konya (see some friends), Aydın (for the second wedding), and then Ankara (to see some friends). Then I
did something unlike anything I have ever done. I left 2/3 of everything I brought to Turkey at a friend's house and left with just my backpack and took a night bus to the other side of Turkey.
Trabzon. A luscious green city, eyes open to the Black Sea. The city took Sunday for rest, fishing, and swimming. My bus arrived at 07:00 and the day was just starting to warm up. I walked for 2 hours all over town and finally rested by the sea. By 'rested', I mean I actually cat napped on a rock with the waves splashing softly 5 feet away. It was a nice sleep. When I awoke, I walked around and met some tourists and some locals. We went together for a swim.

I'm the guy on the right standing up, heading toward deeper water in my shorts.


I'll be sleeping under the stars tonight by the sea. But first I will go out to a fish restaurant and then find a bar.

2 comments:

pinarto said...

yay! exciting :) the plot thickens :D

Rodrigo Paula said...

Dude!!! That rocks!!! I'll be drinking a beer tonight in your honor. (Well... right now is tonight, so I AM drinking a beer... I'll make it for you)... Have a safe trip...