Thursday, August 6, 2009

Farewell to Denmark

My last couple of days in Denmark had three major highlights. The first was my visit to Frilandmuseet, where I had conducted a school project for two months a year and a half ago. It was nice to see the place in summer. There were lots of people there and there was more going on. I saw demonstrations and entertainment for the kids happening all over the museum. I also noticed that the picnic area that was being constructed while I was there was completed. Shown below.
Being Saturday when I visited, there weren't very many of the folks I knew from the museum there. Still, it was nice to be back.
The second highlight was the RAW 2009 festival/rave. There were tons of people and the scene was just crazy. There were seven enclosures with thumping music of various sorts being scratched and mixed by some of the better Danish and Scandanavian djs. I didn't take many pictures there, and besides it wasn't very picturesque. Stig and I left early because we didn't want to be to tired the next day, which was to be my last in Denmark.

Sunday was the third highlight. During the morning and afternoon, I walked around the city to see some of the places I missed and some of the people I would miss. I said goodbye to Henrik and Tanja and thanked them for their part in making my vacation there excellent. When I left, I returned to Valby where I met Stig and we departed together in the direction of Brøndby. Our Blue and Yellow were to play FC Midtjylland for the third game of the season. Brøndby's record up until then was 0-1-1 and so they were looking for their first win of the season. Well, they won 3-1 and it was epic. You can watch the highlights of the game here.

That evening, I boarded the night plane to İstanbul, just as I did the last time I said goodbye to Denmark. Just as I did then, I wonder now when it is I will next return.




No comments: