Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Bit About Work

Upon request I have put a couple pictures here from work. Actually I don't usually look that thrilled, but I enjoy my work. It is sort of too bad that it will all be over soon and I will go back to school. Of course I am also a little excited about school.

While I am making a post about me, I thought I'd mention the highlights from the passed week in chronological order.

1- Turkish Language Meetup was great. Really nice people. Had lots of Rakı.
2- Saturday morning breakfast with Safiye. Cooked sigara böreği. mmm
3- Hiking, ice cream, and... corn of all things with two additional friends, Mike Susie and Ferit. By the way I have to remember that we have a rain check for mini golf.

And what I am looking forward to these next couple of weeks:

1- getting back into regular-ish communication with Pınar after her travels to northern Spain and Eastern Turkey.
2- going to chill with Safiye and finally get around to having an Avrupa Yakası marathon. What a hilarious tv show (the theme of which gets stuck in my head all the time).
3- weekend get together with some friends at a lakehouse.
4- sister coming for a visit before moving to Holland. I lost a bet to her back in June over a soccer match and so as agreed I will take her out for some Turkish food in Boston. Actually, the bet was rigged because I agreed regardless of the outcome of the game. Anyway, really looking forward to that.

No comments: