Friday, May 21, 2010

anticipating

This weekend is going to rock. Friends, football, and rafting are on the docket. There is the Champions League Final. One thing that interests me is that anyone in the US can watch this game on TV. I think it is on Fox. This is the first time in history we get to watch the Champions League Final on national TV. I think the executives were hoping for Lionel Messi and Barcelona to be contenders in the final match, however that is not the case. Still, I hope a lot of Americans tune in.

Rafting. I got invited by a new friend to come rafting this Sunday. I can't wait. Strangely I never did this before, and I am excited to give it a try. The cost is about $75 for transport, 2 meals, and the rafting. Sounds pretty good. And I am also excited to meet up with Gökhan and meet some more of his friends.

I love Fridays so much. I'm outside in a favorite cafe. I am recovering from the last of a minor illness with a chicken sandwich and some ayran.
İstanbul is beautiful now. The bees have been busy with the flowers, but you cannot see them. You can only see their work. I wish they would show themselves at some point to take the credit. There are flowers in every color except blue.

I miss my friends, even the ones in İstanbul. This city is too big sometimes. If you are near or in a far realm, give a call sometime.

No comments: