Saturday, November 22, 2008

Green Schools Tour

I spent the entire day today in the Boston area, accompanying my former boss on a tour of green school buildings. I had helped to make the arrangements for the tours back in June and July, and upon request was allowed and encouraged to attend. There were a lot of architects there which scared me because I wondered how architects do their job. I mean there are so many details, and what if the people didn't like the building in the end? Actually one of the architects addressed that issue because some people did not like the rustic, weathered look of the exterior on one side. I noted that it kind of looked like the side of my house in Maine. The guy explained that he had opted out of completely staining the cedar shingles because he knew they would hold up without it, and he wanted a more natural look and feel to the structure. So anyway I learned a lot about buildings, I got really jealous of how nice the kids had it at those schools, and I really enjoyed the occasion overall. What else is there to say?

Now I think I will conclude this post with a picture of my friend, Ilan, in the Campus Center the other day.

No comments: