Sunday, November 16, 2008

Continuing the Streak

Feeling alright the next morning after getting a lot of sleep, i received a call from Kahraman reminding me of our tentative breakfast plan we had made the night before. We piled into the car at about 12:30 to go to IHOP for breakfast. When we got there it was really crowded so we had to wait. I took this picture while we waited:
For breakfast I had pumpkin pancakes. When asked if i wanted butter or whipped cream on them I said butter, which I regretted after seeing a huge glob of butter on top of them when they arrived. I had picture a thin slice of half-melted butter just oozing down the sides, but instead there was a heap of butter, enough to grease a large pan for maybe 3 batches of eggs. But I digress...

I took a short video of Merve and Kahraman/ In the video, there is a joke about the Turkish phrase "hayirli olsun" which means something like "enjoy it", but could be taken literally to mean "let it be with no".


So that was Saturday breakfast. Thanks again, M and K. Afiyet olsun!

No comments: