Thursday, March 13, 2008

The start of a routine

Today, my group partners and I took the train and then a bus to our project site at the Open Air Museum, Frilandmuseet, north of Copenhagen. We met the man in charge of our project, Klaus, from the Danish National Museum IT department. After introductions, we went over the project for a while and then went for a tour of part of the museum outside. Then it started snowing. However, the snow flakes were not flakes at all but more like pellets. In fact they looked like those white moisture holding things that you see in store-bought soil. They eventually became normal flakes. Anyway, it was also really windy. I put a picture here of the view from where we waited for the bus to come get us. Such dreary weather would normally motivate one to just go home stay warm, but we had other plans.


Since discovering what I call the Turkish part of the city, I have not been able to resist going there every day for food at lunchtime. The others decided to come along and so the three of us had Turkish food for lunch. Specifically, I had Adana kebap (a spicy stick-less meat kebob on rice) which was so very very good. I think I was full for about 9 hours afterward.

Not much else has happened recently. I am just excited about the project and working at the museum. In time I will take some more pictures of the place.

I think I am getting used to living here in KBH. I feel comfortable getting around, buying food, learning Danish, and exploring. I feel less like a tourist and more like an inhabitant. Maybe it is because I have seen many other foreigners living here, or maybe I am just turning into a Copenhagener.

No comments: