Sunday, February 6, 2011

What I left out of the last post

- Stew and I went to the European side to see the Rangers-Celtic match in a pub that shows all the games.

- While there we met a Scottish/Turkish couple. We stopped watching the game to chat with them. They were very friendly and we might meet them again this week.

- All of a sudden this girl from work whom I kinda like called me. I had tried a few weeks ago to get her to come over to Kadıköy to hang out, but no such luck. Suddenly she calls saying that she's in Kadıköy and where am I. !!! I mean seriously, the one time I leave the neighborhood... but alas, I think in the end it was better that I wasn't there.


- When we got off the boat, we heard these Americans speaking and Stew tried out his American accent on me which always cracks me up. We found out later that evening that one of the girls had heard him and decided to see where we were from. That's how we met the ladies and extended the evening.

- At the end of the night when we left, one of the girls went to shake my hand, but I handed her my phone as if that's why she held out her hand. The number was entered.

- Two weeks ago I made a list of 3 things I wanted to achieve in the short term in order to be happy and make others happy. The were: Make a new friend, buy things for the folks back home, and apply to a bunch of new jobs. Well, I'm making progress on all three of those and it has really boosted my mood.

No comments: