Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Football and beer

Just as my life has found its routine, I am thinking about how to change it. In the meantime, I'm taking more careful notice of the things that change. I find that a day can feel special as long as it has in it a few special moments. Two is enough i think, but I haven't been counting.

Highlight of the week might have been the football match I played in. It was 10 versus 10, a 90 minute game. Each week, I play with the same guys against the same guys. We always lose, but in the recent weeks we've put up more of a contest. This week, we won 5-2. Shown below is my best friend from football, Batuhan, and the place we normally play.


Below, pictures from the hookah at which cafe we all celebrated our victory. I smoked a little of the orange-mint tobacco. It wasn't bad, but I can never smoke very much before my head starts aching. Therefore I tend to do much better with mild flavors such as orange, lemon or rose.

 
The other night, I went out with Pınar for a beer on my favorite street. I'll talk more about that street some other time. It's a special place. It was awesome to hang out with Pınar anyway. We usually meet up in Taksim or in Bostancı, so I treasured the opportunity to hang out with her closer to home.



I like that the guy on the far right of the picture is about to sneeze.

No comments: