Monday, October 25, 2010

A Clock in 15 Minutes (I think)

The clock in one of the classrooms was busted. The back part had crumbled and hindered the hands from moving. It had been like this for at least 2 weeks. It suddenly occurred to me today that I can fix it. I only had 15 minutes. I took it apart as fast as I could, traced its size, cut a fresh background, emptied out the broken bits of the old background, drew some numbers on it, inserted it and replaced the cover. Of course I also wrote "We Love Jeremy-Teacher" on it. It's my own special form of propaganda I guess. As I was finishing up, the students returned. The teacher reacted very positively to my creation. Since this experience, I have thought of how I could make a much better background given 30 minutes. Now I'm thinking of turning it into a craft that the students make.

No comments: