Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ortaköy

Finally, a picture with all three of us!

I should say a bit more about the three of us, actually. We have a routine.

I wake up first, and check the internets. Then Hyde gets up and sits next to me on the couch, also checking the internets. A while later, Sonia emerges talking about how much she slept. She turns on her computer and there is always a loud voice that says "Virus database has been updated!" We chuckle about this. After a while of typing in blogs and stalking each other on Facebook, we get hungry and leave the apartment in search of food. Then we get on a bus or a boat and crisscross the city. I try not to look stupid in case Hyde is taking a picture. Let me just say, oops!

To be fair, it's hard to keep a straight face when there's a large cat behind you.

Hyde and Sonia try new foods and see new places. I explain a lot of the subtleties about life here in Turkey. At some point, we usually talk about how jealous our mutual friends are of us.
When we return home in the evening, we look at all of Hyde's pictures. Sonia and I make threats about what we will do to him if he posts certain pictures to his blog. Then we split a delicious beer, fix some snacks and watch Coupling.

No comments: