Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Long-Time Friend Stops By

I got to see B today. And I got to meet her brother. It was a real treat. It had just stopped raining when we met. We went to one of my favorite cafes in Kadıköy and then to Bağdat Caddesi for a light meal. I have many friends in İstanbul, all of whom I treasure. But it's really something when a friend whom I have known for such a long time and with whom I have so many connections, shows up in my city, in her country. I met her in the US 7 years ago. I surprise-visited her on my first ever trip to this country. Three years after that, I moved here. Now the irony is that she is moving to Canada, to the city where I was visiting when I decided to move here. Life is strange and it has called for us to trade places. So be it. We will enjoy afternoons together until that time comes.

No comments: