Saturday, July 10, 2010

A few random pictures that tell it all

Two pictures from two Nemruts. The mountains really were the highlights of the trip for both myself and Özlem. She especially liked the Nemrut in Adıyaman (above), and I especially liked the Nemrut in Tatvan (below).
I never mentioned it here before, but just before the trip started, I saw a scene being filmed of one of my favorite Turkish tv shows, Adanalı. I was in a cafe minding my own business, when I looked out the window to see the familiar face of Oktay Kaynarca running by with a gun in hand. It was kind of surreal. So I took a picture, but I didn't bother anyone for conversation or autographs.
The best part though was after this scene was shot, a nearby cafe started playing "Fark Var" over their sound system. At that point I walked away toward the docks to catch my boat.

No comments: