Monday, January 12, 2009

New Years Eve warranted some extra sleep New Years day, which I took. I was surprised to find that I was the first one to awaken. Nonetheless, I continued with the routine ofplucking fresh fruit from nearby trees and snacking. The day was bright, but it helped to wake me up. A short while later, Robin emerged from the cottage and fixed some tea. The entire day was a day of relaxation. Later in the afternoon, we had champagne to celebrate the holiday. Although I had originally planned to leave that day, things just didn't happen that way. In the evening, we made a fire because the temperature would drop fast after sunset. We agreed that the following few hours were very hygge-ish. (Hygge being a term I picked up while in Denmark last spring, which is sort of hard to describe, but there is a word for it in Dutch as well so for us definitions were not necessary). But hygge means cosy and relaxing, and that is what it was.

The next day was bright and not cold. We went into Manavgat to a place for making telephone calls. I called some friends of mine in that part of Turkey to make plans for the next few days. I would catch a bus for Antalya later in the afternoon. We had lentil soup at a favorite café of Misa and Robin's. Then we found an internet cafe. I had some things to do from there and it was where I last saw Misa and Robin. So this is where I will write about my overall impressions of seeing them.

I was so excited to see Misa again. The last time I saw her was in August, when I took her to the airport for her flight to Holland. I was also very excited to meet Robin. We had Skyped on a few occasions but it is different to see someone in person. I must say that those three days that I was there were really quite perfect. It is a tough thing to repeat but I'm sure we will get together again sometime in Turkey. I have uploaded all of the pictures from my time with Misa and Robin and I will send the link to you by request.

No comments: