Monday, December 29, 2008

Last Day in İstanbul (for the time being)

İstanbul is full of people that I know, actually more than I have visited, but there is one whom I hadn't seen for quite a little while and decided to vist: Furkan. He was almost always the star player on whichever soccer team he played on during our pickup games back in Worcester. However, a while after graduating he returned to Turkey to work and I had not seen him since. In my last day in İstanbul, I decided to try to find him. We met up and walked a short distance to a really huge mall. I took a picture shown above. We had kebap at a restaurant on the top level. I had iskender kebap which was really amazing. After that, Pınar met up with us and we went to Gloria Jeans in the mall to get some coffee. Things were pretty chill. Pınar took a picture of me and Furkan which is below.

By then, I had already purchased for the amazingly low price of about 40 USD my plane ticket to the south of Turkey. The plane would be leaving the next morning very early. I would see Misa later that day. It was a lot of excitement to ward off in order to savor and enjoy the moments I had in İstanbul. That night it snowed and snowed. I was worried that maybe the snow would continue into the morning and delay me on the way to the airport or delay the plane on the way to Antalya. As it turns out I got to the airport fine but the plane was delayed a bit. It was a long trip but eventually I found Misa and what a renunion it was. But that story will come soon.

No comments: