Monday, April 14, 2008

A Friend and a Birthday

Last week was a bit different than all of the others. As I mentioned before, my friend Pınar came to visit. My project work continued as usual, but in the afternoons, I went around Copenhagen with her and re-explored much of the city.

First I took her to the museum where I work. We saw the week-old sheep.
And visited some old buildings

Said hello to the goats
Caught a nice view from the Round Tower

Rode a boat

Visited the grave of Niels Bohr
Played soccer at the park nearby
Went for plenty of walks around town
Other than that, the only real news this week is that it was my birthday. On the eve of my birthday, there was a Turkish/Danish art festival sort of thing called The Triangle Project. Actually it had been going all week but this was the last day. Pınar and I went to one of the artsy events which was a discussion and show-and-tell by artists and musicians both local and from far away. After that we walked around for a while and then went to the last Triangle Project event for Copenhagen. It was an after-work party of sorts in the lobby/bar of a really cool hotel. Of course the place was decorated in a very artsy way. I met some nice people at this gathering, one of whom I will be joining next weekend to go to a soccer match. Anyway, we had a little birthday celebration there. It was a very cozy atmosphere and a memorable time.

No comments: